Homes For Sale In Lake Stevens WA
Are you in the market for homes in Lake Stevens and have “Homes For Sale Lake Stevens WA” pop up every time you open your internet browser? You are in the right place if this is you. Lake Stevens in the lovely state of Washington offers an idyllic background with a rural, “small-town” feel.
This adorable city, which is part of Snohomish County, is well known for its stunning natural sights, thriving and friendly neighborhood, and a variety of nearby attractions.
The calm lakefront setting of Lake Stevens makes it an attractive spot all year round for both nature lovers and individuals who enjoy outdoor activities. The area offers a range of housing alternatives to suit different tastes, from comfortable single-family homes to contemporary townhomes.
Thanks to the welcoming community, pleasant people, and family-friendly neighborhood in Lake Stevens, there’s something for people of all ages. This fast-growing city offers simple access to amenities, shopping centers, commercial areas, and top-rated schools in addition to its stunning surroundings.
If you enjoy the simple pleasures of a quiet, rural life with access to vital amenities, then Lake Stevens has it all to offer. You can: explore the neighborhood parks, enjoy water adventures, or relish in the lively downtown environment. In Lake Stevens, Washington, find your ideal property and enjoy the relaxed way of life that awaits you.
You Deserve To Own A Great Home
Single Family Home
2,520 Sq Ft. • 4 Beds • 3.5 Baths
7715 13TH ST SE, LAKE STEVENS, WA 98258
Single Family Home
1,344 Sq Ft • 3 Beds • 2 Baths
3518 99TH DR. SE, LAKE
STEVENS, WA 98258
Single Family Home
2,046 Sq Ft • 4 Beds • 3 Baths
3014 127TH AVE NE, LAKE
STEVENS, WA 98258
Schools, Amenities, and Transportation
The Lake Stevens, Washington, education system is excellent and gives academic achievement a high priority. The neighborhood is home to prominent public and private schools well-known for offering a variety of educational programs and extracurricular activities for students of all ages. Families searching for homes here can rest assured knowing their kids will only get the best all-around education. The district is committed to providing students with a safe environment so they can thrive and reach their full potential.
Lake Stevens covers all bases in terms of amenities. A wide range of gourmet options and rapid access to everyday essentials are made possible by the city’s numerous shopping malls, supermarkets, and eateries. Modern leisure facilities like parks, sports fields, playgrounds, and fitness centers, are available to the community, allowing residents to enjoy the great outdoors and lead active lifestyles
It’s easy to access Lake Stevens from cities like Lynnwood, Marysville, and Everett. The city benefits from the Hewitt Avenue Trestle which crosses the Snohomish River and connects to Everett. There are also other routes formed from a well-established road system that links the city’s residents to neighboring cities and communities. Lake Stevens offers many public transit choices, like bus services, for people traveling to work or touring nearby locations. Additionally, residents can access regional airports and train stations, as Lake Stevens is close to bigger cities like Lynnwood and Everett, improving travel options
Lake Stevens, Washington, provides a well-rounded living experience that meets the tastes of its people thanks to its excellent schools, numerous natural attractions, and practical transit alternatives. So, if you’re looking for a place with a good standard of education, ample amenities, different shopping options, or simple transportation, Lake Stevens has it all.
The city, which surrounds the Lake for which it was named after, offers an amazing view of the Cascade mountains. There is an abundance of outdoor recreation choices for nature lovers and nature photographers to capture. From activities like boating and fishing on the pristine Lake Stevens to hiking and bicycling along picturesque trails, Lake Stevens has an amazing outdoor activity for everyone. And if you love diverse cultural experiences, the farmer’s market, and festivals like the Midsummer Renaissance Faire, you’ll love Lake Stevens as the city offers a variety of events and festivals all year long, promoting a deep sense of community.
Homebuying in Lake Stevens WA
Buying a home can be stressful, especially if you are a first-time homebuyer. On one hand, it can be complicated, an eye-opener, and dare I say, educative. And on the other hand, it can be a thrilling and rewarding experience, especially when done right. I’ll give a general summary of the home-buying process in this conversation, offer important suggestions from my experience navigating the homebuying process, and provide resources that will help you purchase a home in Lake Stevens, Washington
1. Establish a budget: Assessing your financial condition and figuring out how much you can afford to spend on a property should be your first step. With this, you should consider factors like your income, savings, credit rating, and outstanding debts. It is important to create and work with a realistic budget–while considering the current economic climate– so you don’t financially overextend yourself.
2. Get pre-approved for a mortgage: It’s a good idea to do this before you start looking for a home. The financial data you provide will help the lender assess your creditworthiness and establish the maximum loan amount you are eligible for. Getting pre-approved will also improve your position when making an offer on a house.
3. Find a real estate agent: In a place with a competitive market like Lake Stevens, Washington, an experienced real estate agent can be the difference between a seamless home buying process where you get a home that suits your preferences and a hectic and difficult homebuying process that takes forever. The agent will help you manage the paperwork, negotiate with sellers, and assist you in finding suitable properties. You should choose a real estate agent who is up to date on Lake Stevens’s market knowledge and has a good grasp of the local housing market and its changes. And if you’re not sure where to find one, you can call me at +1 253-455-7343 or sign up and then schedule a call at your convenience. A member of our team will be ready to talk to you and point you in the right direction.
4. Start your home search: You can start looking for homes in Lake Stevens, Washington, once you’ve decided on a realistic budget and recruited a real estate agent’s assistance. Things like the property’s lot size, location, access to amenities, school district, and accessibility to your place of employment should be high on your list of priorities. You can start your home search by going through some of our listings to see the homes that suit you.
5. Make an offer and haggle: As soon as you find a residence that matches your preference and taste, talk with your real estate agent to make an offer. Depending on the state of the market and the region’s recent sales, your real estate agent will analyze the current situation and choose an appropriate offer price that matches the property’s perceived value. You should also be ready to bargain with the seller, who may reject your offer or make certain demands. At every point in this process, your representative should guide you and help you navigate this phase.
6. Complete inspections and due diligence are required after your offer is approved in order to make sure the house is in good shape. Get the services of a qualified home inspector to evaluate the building’s systems, structural soundness, plumbing, electricity, and any potential problems. You could also try out extra inspections, such as radon tests, environmental evaluations, or bug inspections. If you notice any anomalies, you can talk to the seller and request repairs or even negotiate for a discount.
7. After inspections, work together with your lender to secure the mortgage loan for the property. Then, complete the acquisition. Fill out the loan application completely and make sure you adhere to all the lender’s conditions. Once your loan has been authorized, you can proceed to the closing stage. Here I suggest you carefully examine and sign the required documents, proceed to pay closing costs, and then formally take possession of the property.
10 Steps to Home Buying
1. Dream It!
Before you get to the nitty-gritty of cost, it’s …
2. Determine Affordability
Determine how much cash you…
3. Reach out to Lenders
Contact at least 3 different…
4. Define your search
Armed with the general…
Resources for Home Buying in Lake Stevens WA
Here are some more tips and resources you’ll need when buying a home in Lake Stevens, Washington:
1. Learn about the neighborhood market: Research recent home sales, ask questions about market trends from friends, family, or co-workers, and run a general internet search to develop a better understanding of the current real estate climate, get a clear idea of property values, know what a typical day on the market is like, and what the popular neighborhoods are.
2. Visit communities and open houses to learn more about the available home options and the neighborhoods that interest you. If you can, you should explore the neighborhood and go to open houses.
3. Consider schools and amenities when comparing neighborhoods in Lake Stevens. Amenities can include anything from parks and commercial areas to sports fields and recreation centers. You should note how near–or far– your prospective home is to these amenities or schools.
4. Work with a local lender: Join forces with a lender who has current knowledge of the local market and specific lending programs that could be beneficial to you. It is also ideal this lender has experience working with borrowers in Lake Stevens. And if you’re not sure where to start your search, you can call me at +1 253-455-7343 or sign up, and schedule a call at your convenience time. A member of our team will be ready to talk with you.
5. Use the Lake Stevens Chamber of Commerce, regional real estate groups, and community discussion boards as local resources to learn more about the region and the home market.
Role of a Real Estate Agent in the Process
Real estate agents provide vital advice and information at every stage of the home-buying process. A real estate agent familiar with the Lake Stevens property sector will be an important addition to your team when looking for a home here. They are well-versed in the area’s communities, and features, and have developed a good understanding of market trends.
Finding relevant listings that fit your tastes and financial expectations is one of a real estate agent’s main duties. They can locate properties that are in line with your requirements thanks to their access to extensive databases. Additionally, they are experienced and qualified to determine a home’s fair market worth, helping you make competitive offers and conduct successful negotiations with sellers.
A knowledgeable agent will represent your interests during negotiations, using their experience and understanding of the neighborhood market to negotiate beneficial terms. They will guide you through complicated and often overwhelming paperwork, go over contracts, and make sure you are aware of all the financial and legal repercussions of your choices.
A real estate agent will also suggest trustworthy lenders (or refer if they know a few), home inspectors, and other experts whose input you might need to complete the transaction. They will arrange inspections, communicate with all parties involved in the transaction, and handle any problems or complaints that may arise in the course of the transaction.
To put it simply, a real estate agent is a crucial advisor whose knowledge, skills, contacts, and expertise should not be overlooked if you are looking to buy a house in Lake Stevens, Washington.
Financing Options in Lake Stevens WA
There are various factors to consider when it comes to financing options for home purchases in Lake Stevens, Washington. The most popular kind of financing is a conventional mortgage, which normally calls for a 20% down payment or higher. Federal Housing Administration (FHA) loans and Veterans Affairs (VA) loans, which may have less stringent down payment requirements, are examples of government-backed loans.
It’s essential to shop around and compare offers from various lenders to determine the best mortgage rate for you. There are a number of regional lenders in Lake Stevens, WA, including banks, credit unions, and mortgage brokers. You should research different lenders, dig beneath the surface to find out more about their history and reputation, check out client testimonials, and the variety of mortgage products they provide. I also advise you to inquire about their mortgage rates, charges, closing costs, and any unique services they may offer.
Here are some suggestions to help you get a good mortgage deal:
1. Improve your credit score: You may be eligible for lower mortgage rates if your credit score is higher. So I suggest you maintain a low credit use rate, make your payments on time, and keep an eye out for any inaccuracies on your credit report so you can correct them fast.
2. Save money for a down payment: Although mortgages can be obtained with a down payment of less than 20%, a larger down payment will help you get better loan conditions and possibly avoid private mortgage insurance (PMI). And if 20% is too far out for you and you want something lower… say 3.5%, then all you need to do is give us a call at +1 253-455-7343, or you can sign up, and then schedule a call at your convenience time. A member of our team will be ready to answer any questions you have about buying a home with only a 3.5% down payment.
3. Prior to looking for a home, obtain a mortgage pre-approval. This can improve your offer during negotiations, provide a clear sense of how much you can pay, and even speed up the loan application process.
4. Obtain quotations from several lenders and evaluate the interest rates, loan terms, closing expenses, and any other fees attached to each offer when comparing mortgage offers. You should also take into account the mortgage’s short- and long-term expenditures.
5. Work with a mortgage broker if you can: A mortgage broker can guide you through the different loan options, assess and compile quotations from many lenders, and even suggest the most suitable mortgage package for you.
Securing a great mortgage deal can be tough in a competitive market like Lake Stevens, but you can improve your chances of getting a great mortgage deal for your home purchase in Lake Stevens, Washington, by speaking with an expert on our team on the phone via +1 253-455-7343. You can also sign up, and schedule a call at your convenience time.
Features of Living in Lake Stevens WA
Several amenities are available in Lake Stevens, Washington, letting locals enjoy a decent quality of life and an all-around balanced lifestyle. The people of Lake Stevens are renowned for their warmth and friendliness, which promotes a deep sense of belonging. The region has a comparatively low crime rate, with NeighborhoodScout ranking Lake Stevens safer than 62% of US neighborhoods.
Lake Stevens’s nearness to important employment hubs in neighboring cities like Everett, Lynnwood and Bellevue makes it an interesting option for employment seekers. Also, locals have access to different career opportunities in diverse sectors, including manufacturing, technology, healthcare, and aerospace.
In Lake Stevens, there are a lot of recreation options for lovers of outdoor life. Thanks to its geographical location, the city provides opportunities for boating, fishing, swimming, and other water sports. For those who may not love water sports, there are several spots for hiking, riding, camping, and just walking around exploring the city’s natural surroundings.
Away from outdoor recreation, Lake Stevens has a variety of popular cultural attractions including the Flying Heritage & Combat Armor Museum, the Tsubaki Grand Shrine of America, and the Lake Stevens Historical Museum. The city plays host to annual community gatherings like the farmer’s market, festivals, and concerts that improve community spirit and showcase local talent. Residents can also experience the culture of nearby cities when they visit museums, theaters, and art galleries in these cities.
Thanks to the city planning, it’s easy to access different important services and stores. Lake Stevens has numerous small enterprises, stores, and restaurants spread across different parts of the city that serve the locals. Cities like Everett and Seattle also provide a large selection of malls, shopping centers, and big-box merchants for a more extensive shopping experience.
In recent years, Lake Stevens has demonstrated encouraging development potential from an investment standpoint. The city’s closeness to important employment hubs and appealing natural surroundings have seen population and housing demand rise. Thanks to this, Lake Stevens real estate is now a potentially profitable investment prospect.
Start With My 10 Steps To Buying A Home
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Got questions? Here are answers to the most popular questions potential homebuyers in Lake Stevens ask. If you have any concerns not addressed here, you can contact us and we’ll be here for you. Thank You!
How do I find a reputable real estate agent in Lake Stevens, WA to help me buy a home?
To find a reputable real estate agent in Lake Stevens, WA, start by researching online, asking for recommendations from people you know, and checking with local real estate associations. Attend open houses to meet agents in person and review their websites for information. Interview multiple agents to assess their local knowledge, experience, and communication skills. Request and check references from past clients. Verify their licensing and evaluate compatibility. Look for agents who specialize in buyer representation. Review the contract carefully before finalizing your choice. This thorough process will help you find an agent who can guide you effectively through the homebuying journey.
What types of homes are typically available for sale in Lake Stevens, WA?
Lake Stevens, WA offers a diverse array of homes for sale. This includes single-family homes in various styles, townhomes that balance affordability with yard space, condos and apartments for low-maintenance living, waterfront properties with lake access, new construction homes with modern amenities, luxury residences, mobile homes, acreage properties for more space, and fixer-uppers for those seeking renovation opportunities. Local market conditions and neighborhood variations impact the availability of these housing types. Enlisting the guidance of a local real estate agent can help you navigate these options effectively.
What are the local amenities and attractions in Lake Stevens, WA?
Lake Stevens, WA boasts a range of amenities and attractions for both residents and visitors. Centered around its picturesque lake, the city offers recreational opportunities like boating, fishing, and lakeside picnics. Parks such as Lundeen Park and Eagle Ridge Park provide playgrounds, trails, and sports facilities. The Centennial Trail invites outdoor enthusiasts to biking and jogging. The city’s vibrant community hosts events, including festivals and parades. Local shops, restaurants, and cafes cater to everyday needs, while nearby cultural attractions and golf courses offer diverse entertainment. With access to outdoor activities, quality schools, medical facilities, and scenic drives, Lake Stevens provides a well-rounded and attractive living environment.
What is the commute like from Lake Stevens, WA to nearby cities?
The commute from Lake Stevens, WA to nearby cities varies in duration based on factors like distance, traffic, and transportation choices. Travel to cities like Everett and Marysville is relatively short, typically taking around 15 to 30 minutes. Commuting to farther cities like Seattle and Bellevue can range from 45 minutes to over an hour, considering factors like traffic congestion and transportation options. Public transportation, such as buses and trains, is often used for longer commutes. It’s essential to consider traffic patterns and alternative routes when planning daily travel.
What are the popular neighborhoods in Lake Stevens, WA to look for homes?
When looking for a home in Lake Stevens, consider your preferences for amenities, proximity to schools and parks, and the overall feel of the neighborhood. Each neighborhood has its own charm and advantages, so take the time to explore them to find the one that aligns best with your lifestyle and needs. Working with a local real estate agent can also provide valuable insights into the various neighborhoods and their housing options.
Lake Stevens, WA, offers several popular neighborhoods, each with unique features. Downtown Lake Stevens provides a mix of residential and commercial spaces, while North Cove offers scenic lake views and outdoor activities.
Sunnyside is family-friendly with proximity to schools and parks. Frontier Air Park is ideal for aviation enthusiasts. Cavalero is well-established with diverse housing styles, and Lake Cassidy offers a rural feel near the lake. Wyngate features newer homes and a community atmosphere, while Machias provides space and privacy. Soper Hill is a growing area with modern amenities. When choosing a neighborhood, consider amenities, schools, and lifestyle preferences, and a local real estate agent can provide valuable insight.